Saturday, December 23, 2006

Hallelujuah!

And so I'll be having 2 interviews on Tuesday. Apparently I've been telling my mom it's on Monday when Monday actually is a public holiday. It's Christmas.

And so dad had a fall due to some craving for turkey. Well, dad has not taken leave for a very long time am clearing it now. Apparently due to uncertain timing, something happened. He slipped and fall at a small slope over at Tekka. He got up only to find his right wrist bended and his whole arm was in pain. It was raining and the paths were all slippery. Dad walked as fast as possible to any lanes to try and get a taxi while trying to bear his pain. He finally got one and went to the hospital emergency ward immediately. He was warded that evening. Thankfully there was his friend there who helped him in the the emergency ward.
He called me right after I'm done watching The Host which he had just bought earlier morning along with The Devil That Wears Prada and was planning to watch it that same night. I received his call and for a second I felt panicked but somehow I managed to calm down. Mom has just got back from running errands and was just taking off her tudung. Once I gave her the news, she immediately put them on back and waited for me to shower. Yammie had to go to training as dad wasn't in a life-threatening situation, so there wasn't much to worry about.
When we got to the hospital, I couldn't go in to the ward as only one person is allowed. MOm went in and so I start wandering around in the hospital on the quiet foor of basement one. I even even ended walking a roundabout to the police office which a police even offered me to let me into the emergency ward in the alternative route. I told them it was okay and that I will enter by the front door. I made my quick escape by walking forward. There not much people except for 2 or 3 of them. They were all looking at me in a strange way where I'm wondering if I have done something wrong. I found an entrance and found myself at the entrance of the Neuroscience Institute Lab. I sat there and make my calls to the close relatives. Letting them know about dad.
Few minutes later, mom called and asked where I was. She told me to go up to the ward as dad was being transferred. I got up and went in the entrance and looking to my left, there it was... the mortuary. No wonder that place was like a deserted area. I have been with the dead for that whole 30 - 40 minutes.
Went up to the ward and went in to the bed where my dad is. Got in, saw him. First thing we did... Laughters. Yes! We laughed. I don't know why but we just kept on laughing.... Well! He started it! Sat on the bed and dad told us what happened and how he had fell. It was painful though. Saw the bended wrist and the swollen arm when a doctor came to check on it.
An hour later, an unexpected visit from Bik Nah, Wak Kam, Taufiq and Hidayah. It was Bik Nah's birthday and they were all worried about dad after I told them. We all left together at after 9pm.

The 2nd day dad in hospital, I went later in the evening. Dad had got his surgery done and the metal which are embedded in his hand are yet to be taken out. I wonder if they are gonna be taken out? He was really impatient and kept on moving about a lot. He can't move a lot yet until I thought my dad had period. It was actually blood dripping from his bandage. The blood leaks and dirtied his pants and the bed while he was having dinner.
Bik Sal and Cik Amin came later and apparently almost everybody were suprised at dad's fall and laughed when they heard th news, thinking it was a joke. Well, my dad is the most healthiest of us all and he has never fail to be not well.

Dad will be back today. He will still go to Vivocity with mom next week. He will still want that... turkey....