Thursday, November 23, 2006

Drive

Oh my! When was the last time I've updated this space? It has been a long time isn't it? I feel like there are lots I would like to put up here.

Officially, I am and was a job-hopper. Will I stop at it and would not go on? I guess I am tired now and therefore I have to stop. It all started in February here I resigned from my long years job in Kinergy as the Store Clerk. Wasting my 5.5 years thee, I have gained nothing but yes, I gained knowledge in Logistics and friendship with the guys there. There were fun, hatred, great friendships. There were even loves and losses. I never forget those moments in my 1st ever permanent job. After resigning, I decided to have a change of job nature but I wasn't sure in what I want to do. While I was thinking, I was lost in love. With someone whom I've never met but heard of. We were together, happy. I then got a job as Engineering Asst which didn't last long. I quit my job due to distractions after the breaking up of my relationship with the wonderful guy. I couldn't think straight. The best thing was, the break-up was on my birthday. I was all distraught, although I was trying to show others that I was fine and was strong. People who are close to me perks me up and tried to not let me down. I really thank them all.

Went on to another job as a Planner Clerk and that also took awhile as I was still distracted with the going-ons of certain things. I went out with my friends. I went out with my cousins. I even went out on my own and do things on my own. Shopping, movies, staring at the sun... hahaha!!! Not staring at the sun. I just got a little exaggerated there. Later on, I got caught up in a 3-months contract temporary job. Doing Receptionist for the few weeks and Admin Asst later on. It went for 3 months straight which I decided to go on and pursue and permanent one.

While doing the 3 months temp job, I had nice companions there. People whom I can bragged and dragged with without the limitations of evil dirty jokes and criticisms onto each other or to anybody. Either directly or indirectly. Hatred for certain people even came up which I start to discover more office politics going on. Those politics and hits even fell on me which it was to bear for me to carry. I couldn't help it that I decided to leave. It was the best choice.

2 weeks of no job, I went on sending applications every night so that those email sent would be open in the morning and they would contact me where I would be ready. Went to few interviews which weren't really interest me. I even fall sick during that time. I had sore throat and high fever and later down with flu. My voice changed and I felt cool about it. Hahaha!!! But after awhile, for my voice to come back, it takes at least a week to do so and I can't wait that long cuz the flu was/is really irritating.

I had a job interview at Fairprice which needed me to have an Assesment test. I had grammar test, MS Excel test, number pairing test and MS Word test. I guess I did well in all except for a part in MS Excel test. I totally forgot how to do the Difference formula for MS Excel. I was still sick on the day of the interview. My voice was really over the top when I talked and my coughing was still bad. I couldn't breathe properly due to the flu.
Supposed to go for a friend's chalet in the evening on the same day but didn't as Sallyn told me to stay home ad rest instead. After all, I wasn't really in the mood to go out too.

On Monday, I backed out on an interview as it was only a temporary job. Later on, I received a call from a company to called me for an interview the next day. So, on the Tuesday I went for the interview. Clueless on how to go there, I was still lost and I was late. Of course, as always I settled on a cab. The cabby was kind enough and showed me where it was. Went for the interview. Wrote the application form. Got through the interview and I was feeling blurry. I guess I was hungry and also due to my bad flu which has still not gone away, I didn't even know that I have got the job. In the afternoon, I received a call from them and they brief me on the working hours and stuffs.

Came to work yesterday. Was late for 15 mins. Yes! I was late. For the first time ever in my life, I was late for my first day of work. It has never happened and yes now it has happened. All of you can shake your head right now but please, spare me the nagging and the scoldings BECAUSE it is the past and it has already happened. So what do you do? Learn from me. I was present as Sarinah there as the HR even called me Sarinah in the first place. I am a happy girl. Yeah! There are nice people there. My manager was wondering if my name is Siti or Sarinah because she had called me Siti during the interview and Sarinah on the first day as the HR talked to her about me using that name. I then told her that my name is Siti Sarinah but I would prefer to be address as Sarinah as too many people has call me Siti which I found it kind of irritated. I started working with the help of a senior. She was nice after giving that angry-looking look while introducing.
During lunch time, the session people asked me along and they were really eager over something. They asked me a very common question but it was really funny when they asked me. They were going, "Excuse me, Sorry but cane we ask you something?", in a scared and cute-cute way. I answered, "Yes? Ask la.". "Are you a Chinese or Malay?", they later looked at me anxiously waiting. "I'm a Malay. My name is Siti Sarinah.". They were so happy and jumping with joy. Especially for the only Malay girl there. She was happy to found a new partner as the rest are all Chinese. Hahaha!!! We all got along.

The surroundings in the office once again made my body felt weak and the weather too was cold. I developed my bad flu again and had to go the clinic today. I had to pay a sum of S$31. Oh wow! It was really something man! I had not paid for a medical visit for a very long time. I'm all bankrupt again now. Had MC for today which saddens my new colleague. Well, I will be back tomorrow, I told her.

Today after the clinic visit, brought Raihan to agency visits. Went to International Plaza and bought the list of employment agencies in the building. I had done that like 8 years ago with Nana. Haha!! It was like reliving memories back again. Taught Raihan how to to talk and what to say when doing the walk-ins. Came back home straight after that as I was really irritated by the flu and the weather.

I have been listening and watching lots of Tohoshinki lately. I really love them. Like how I was crazy over their seniors, H.O.T. and Shinhwa, I am crazy over them too. Not crazy but I have my love for Japanese and Korean music. I love all kinds of music. I listen to all kinds of music and I love all music. Anything from Pop to Rock, from Hip-Hop to Classic. Been spending lots of hours in front of the pc just going through YouTube watching all their theatre dramas and Yes! Not forgetting animes. Black Blood Brothers and Death Note as the latest anime crazes. Bleach and Naruto are still follow-ups.

Right now, I have to sign off and go to dreamland where I am modelling around in a new skinny body with Tohoshinki. Hahaha!!! Gila! I know I am. Those drowsy medicines have got me and my whole body needs a rest. My hair is still wet as I have washed it just now. I've dyed my hair but I hate the color. Will dye it again once I get my 1st full pay and so people, Bye bye!!!