Saturday, February 10, 2007

Dad told me about his old experience on watching movies back then when he was young. He is a movie lover. Watching movies at cinema wasn't an easy task for him. Saving every penny he got. 20-cents for school expense and 10-cent for bus fare to school. Even finding metallic items to sell away to get that enough money to get a movie ticket. Walking all the way from Tanglin to Lido or Capitol was a journey for him. Back and forth. Drinking water from pipe on the way back or when going to the cinema. Always saving up to one-dollar for a movie ticket but when it's two-dollar, he would just stand in front of the poster to admire it and visualize the picture himself. Once, he was looking at a movie poster which he couldn't watch due to the one-dollar tickets were all sold out. An Indian man observed him and got him the two-dollar ticket. My dad was happy.
When Lawrence Of Arabia was about to be release, he saved enough and bought an advance ticket to go for the opening. He was so happy. Everytime when he have more money, he would not use them for bus fare or to buy food outside. Instead he would save them up for the next upcoming movie.

Now at the age of 59, my dad has collected those movies which he watched when he was young on DVDs. Collecting them brings back old memories everytime he goes for one.
Today he bought Where The Boys Are. Another classic while he was in Primary 3. I'm going to enjoy it tonight.

I love going to the movies too. Of course I have my own preferences. But the best thing is with my dad, I'm experiencing real movie nights right at home.

Finally got the megaupload work on my firefox. It works well with Internet Explorer. Oh well. I got it finally to work on Firefox but apparently, there wasn't an English version that I have to settled on the Spanish version. Oh wow! But at least where to click and where not to click. Oh yeah! Finally got my hands on Psycho Le Cemu and yeah! Death Note finally have a new opening and ending. Welcome people, Maximum The Hormone! Love them!